Taking a day off

 Writing after the longest time. A time block, where I thought that my creative juices have dried up and I won't be able to write anything more. But sometimes words come floating to you from nowhere and they work their mystical charm. Poems are magic. 

Taking a day off from work 


Taking a day off


I wonder why taking a day off is so overrated,

Why people criticise it and why do parents get suspicious,

Taking a day off is so relaxing,

Staring at the ceiling which is my sky,

And the dusty fan my moon,

I like the possibility of my day ahead,

They show the possibility of my dreams coming true,

I can see the shelves calling out to me,

And the books flipping the pages gently in the winter wind,

I would like draw the curtains, close the windows and cover myself with a blanket,

I like the cosy conversation I have with myself in the morning,

And I look for a possibility of a beautiful day ahead,

The day begins with the morning sound,

With the steady dripping water from the tap,

The sounds from the kitchen and the aroma of the gud wali chai,

There is the winter sun quietly saying hello to me,

I like the cosy conversations I have with myself,

I like the possibility of the day ahead,

The quick afternoon nap, the promising hot lunch,

Away from the humdrums of a office life, a day off is  also a rest for the weary soul.

I wonder why a day off is so overrated , while it is just a picnic to the mind's eye,

Don't blame me, if I just lie down and do nothing,

I am quite happy with staring at the ceiling above,

I have my darling books and numerous dreams to recollect,

And I like the possibility of the day ahead. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts & Review on- Pinto has an idea by Rajeev Saxena

(because) Someone better will come along

Faith ???